As the saying goes “many hands make light work.” If you are available to help, please contact the Southern Hills Arts Council at email@example.com or 740.286.6355. We are happy to answer any questions about the volunteer needs. Below is a list of volunteer opportunities:
Southern Hills Arts Council
• Help with mailings
• Markay’s Promotional Crew: Distributing posters and flyers
• Flower Sale
• Summer Art classes
• Foothills Art Festival
• Thriving Artists and Artisans Market
• Sharing the Markay and SHAC posts on Social Media to spread the word about the great things happening in the arts.
• Art show set-up/take down
• Donate baked goods/desserts for opening receptions
• Ushering for special events
• Ushering: Involves checking tickets for theatre entry; monitor beverage/food-no entry in theatre. Arrive an hour before performance time. Once performance begins and late-comers have been seated, ushers may enjoy the performance. At least one usher per door needs to stay through end of performance. VOLUNTEER TIME: 4 hours
• Greeter in Gallery: Prior to performance for will-call tickets; during performance for safety concerns. VOLUNTEER TIME: 4 hours
• Sell pop/water/beer VOLUNTEER TIME: 2 hours
• Stage Helper: Set-up/backstage/teardown. VOLUNTEER TIME: 6 hours
• Help sound/lighting tech: sound/lights. VOLUNTEER TIME: 5 hrs.
• Theatre other:
Help contact local businesses to get sponsorships
Distributing performance posters, locally and beyond
Times listed above are approximate, and vary per need, per show. This is not an exhaustive list. If you are aware of an event and you would like to help please let us know.